Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Entry #2: Dinner— The major interaction between me and my family



            Followed by the fast pace life in New York, many families only cook once or twice a day and some families dont even cook. In my family, my mom prepare dinner every night and sometimes breakfast. Since my mom cook dinner every night, eating it together had become the most important daily event for my family members. However, thats the only chance for my entire family members to sit together and chat for a while, even though there are only four of us.

  My mom goes to the Chinese supermarket twice a week. Every time she will buy things that can almost fill up the shopping cart and these things will finally become our family dinner. She didn't work outside so she got lots of time to prepare the dinner. However, for our dinner, we mostly have four dishes and they are changing each day. As a common Chinese family we always eat rice among the dishes. The four dishes will always include one seafood, one vegetable, one meat and a soup. The meals are very healthy, plus she only add a little bit of salt and no MSG at all. Not like the people in the restaurants, she's not a outsider so she knows what to add to the food!
Since my mom always cook tasty and healthy food at home, I don’t really like to eat outside only if I need to. Anyway, nothing will be greater than the homemade food. Compare to the family who always eat outside in the restaurants and who always eat unhealthy fast food, I think I’m in the heaven now.

No comments:

Post a Comment