Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Entry# 12 Reflection essay

JingJing Lin
Professor Jason Smith
ENG101
10 June 2014
Reflection essay

            Through working on the assignments of this class, I have gained lots of useful information about healthy food. And, it changes my mind of the consideration of healthy food. Honestly, I am eating less and less meat and dairy products as the class processes but I am very far away from becoming a vegetarian. However, to consume less meat and dairy products doesn’t mean that they are not healthy, it just that the animals are suffering and paying too much to feed human beings and keep human beings healthy.
            A major problem of all my writings (including the writings from other classes) is the grammar issue since only I took one English class which mainly focuses on basic grammars when I first came to this country. Many professors have pointed out this problem and I totally accept it and I know it’s my weakest part of being a writer and a researcher. For this reason, I am doing grammar practices online and reading magazine and some short stories to try to improve my grammar and vocabulary. Personally, I love reading articles in Chinese but never in English. Now I force myself to read in English because I know I need to improve my grammar for all other classes that I am going to take in the future. I didn’t have a future plan for now, but I hope I would get less change to write essays during my future career. Finally, I want to say that this class is very helpful because I have learned a lot from it and I am getting few new friends from this class!
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment